Crew Energy is currently seeking a Senior IT Analyst to join its Information Technology team in Calgary, Alberta.
About our Company
Crew Energy Inc. is a growth-oriented oil and natural gas producer, committed to the pursuit of sustainable per share growth through a balanced mix of financially responsible exploration and development, complemented by strategic acquisitions. If you thrive in a small, fast paced company and team, and are able to immediately apply your broad technical skills to support our Crew, this is the perfect place for you! Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, we are looking for an experienced and collaborative individual who demonstrates continuous learning, has a team-first mentality, and is able to help implement and leverage technologies that improve our business.
This is a broad operational and projects based role with tremendous opportunity to work across the technology spectrum, both corporately as well as with field operations (e.g. SCADA).
- As a senior member of our IT team, you are a self-learner and have working experience managing, supporting and troubleshooting infrastructure and application environments.
- This role works hand in hand with the IT manager, vendors, and business stakeholders to make strategic and operational initiatives become a reality. You have a passion for bringing ideas to the table.
- This role provides opportunities to deep dive into technologies and capabilities that support our business areas (analytics, cloud, information management).
- You demonstrate senior level experience across a broad range of technology domains including, but not limited to, Windows server and desktop environments, Office 365, and server and networking hardware.
- You will help evaluate and implement technology capabilities, based on defined requirements and roadmap initiatives.
- You will be involved in technical mentorship responsibilities, along with rotational off hours support.
- You will work with senior executives and business stakeholders across the value chain.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or equivalent experience in a closely related field, with 7+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Broad technical skill set with an architecture and planning mind-set and the experience to prove it; demonstrated ability to understand how systems and applications work together in our ecosystem.
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows Server and desktop environments (Active Directory, Exchange, Windows 10 MECM/SCCM/Intune), application deployment and patching, virtualization (VMWare), and remote access technologies (Citrix).
- Working knowledge with Office 365 (Teams, Exchange Online, security group management and licensing, MFA, AD sync) and cloud technologies.
- Broad experience with backup and recovery systems (Netbackup, Veeam), networking and database technologies, along with tier-3 level application support and field operations will be considered a strong asset.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools (Powershell, VBScript).
- Analytical mind-set with strong infrastructure and application troubleshooting skills.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing infrastructure strategies and plans.
Contributions from this role have a direct impact on the current and future state technology landscape at Crew Energy. Nothing is out of scope for you and opportunities exist in all scenarios.
Crew’s team of approximately 60 individuals are based in the Calgary head office as well as in the field taking care of our assets. Our people are smart, passionate, and given the independence to flourish within a culture focused on continuous improvement. Individual effort and daily contributions support the entrepreneurial spirit at Crew, while collaboration and teamwork drive our success. Crew rewards performance with an attractive compensation plan that also promotes work-life balance. We maintain an exciting and fast-paced environment designed to challenge our people, foster their professional development and ensure that Crew is an enjoyable place to work.