Crew Energy is currently seeking a Geophysicist to join the Crew in our Calgary office on a full time basis. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will be a valued contributor to both our Montney Team in NEBC and our Heavy Oil Team in Alberta & Saskatchewan. Reporting to the Vice President, Geosciences the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while seamlessly handling each of our two exciting asset bases.
About our Company
Crew Energy Inc. is a dynamic, growth-oriented, Canadian exploration and production company. We are focused on increasing our long-term production, reserves and cash flow through the sustainable development of both our world-class Montney resource in northeastern British Columbia and our large OOIP resource in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
The position offers substantial drilling and technical opportunities across a range of geographical areas and stratigraphic intervals hosting oil, condensate-rich gas and dry natural gas.
Preference will be given to candidates with a creative mindset and a strong background in unconventional reservoir characterization, experience in planning and safely executing horizontal multi-well pad drilling programs, and the ability to work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment. In addition the ability to handle two distinctly different operating areas will be important.
Advance the efficient development of our unconventional and conventional assets in both our Montney and Heavy Oil operating areas
- Employ traditional and advanced geophysics techniques to support our oil and gas exploration and development programs
- Incorporate seismic data with geological data to produce detailed mapping of reservoir characteristics and support reservoir modeling work
- Planning and managing the acquisition of 2D and 3D seismic data and microseismic surveys
- Evaluate microseismic data to determine optimal well spacing and development scenarios
- Use geotechnical information to help with risk assessment and ranking of drilling location inventory
- Assist in the assessment of geohazards, the generation of directional plans and in the geosteering of both single-leg and multi-lateral horizontal wells
- Induced seismicity network monitoring in NEBC
- Collaborate on the development of the annual corporate budget and long range plans and provide the support required to make efficient capital allocation decisions
- Contribute to the evaluation of landsales and of acquisition & divestiture opportunities
- Efficiently manage project timelines and capital costs
- Provide mentorship and support to Geoscience and Engineering students participating in our annual summer student program
- B.Sc. in Geophysics with 7+ years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry
- APEGA Professional Geophysicist certification or on track for same
- Established skillset in regional- and prospect-scale seismic interpretation
- A solid understanding of seismic acquisition and advanced interpretation methods used to derive mechanical rock properties
- Strong understanding of structural geology, depositional systems, sequence and seismic stratigraphy
- Background in unconventional resource characterization, development and optimization
- Montney experience will be of particular value, Heavy Oil experience will also be considered an asset
- Experience planning and executing horizontal multi-well pads: prospect generation, picking drilling locations, field planning & development, and geosteering
- Ability to assimilate and critically review various datasets
- Proficiency in Seisware, Accumap, Spotfire, and Microsoft Office Suite
- A collaborative approach and an ability to work well with team members and management
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to present to management, partners, regulatory officials, and other stakeholders
Crew’s team of approximately 60 individuals are based in the Calgary head office as well as in the field taking care of our assets. Our people are smart, passionate, and given the independence to flourish within a culture focused on continuous improvement. Individual effort and daily contributions support the entrepreneurial spirit at Crew, while collaboration and teamwork drive our success. Crew rewards performance with an attractive compensation plan that also promotes work-life balance. We maintain an exciting and fast-paced environment designed to challenge our people, foster their professional development and ensure that Crew is an enjoyable place to work.
Both permanent and contract employment options will be considered.